Wednesday Cheerfulness

It is nearly summer. Thank God! I thought it would never come, but it really seems like just yesterday that it was here!

I replaced the picture on my blog with something more tropical! :)

Summer is my favorite season of all in the Carolinas... here are just a few of the reasons why:

...clear night skies with sparkling stars... cicadas loudly chirping throughout the evenings... sunshine at 7... sunshine!!! brown skin... sunset at 9... walking through campus surrounding by a veritable tunnel of trees... the smell of freshly cut grass and the distant hum of lawn-mowers... streaks of sunkissed blond in my boring brown hair... sandals... the smell of the air-conditioner from the cool indoors... lazy afternoons of reading good books... hot sweaty jogs outside... chlorine and banana boat sunscreen... wearing a bathing suit and a flimsy eyelet skirt at a picnic... the beach, in all its glory... sundresses... sunglasses... sun!... grilling with family on a warm evening... fireworks...

I could go on and on. I will probably have to stop and add to this list later. The point is, that life in the summer has a certain warmth and vibrance (at least for me), unlike any other season of the year.

Labels: ,